Dumaguete: A Gentle Respite




Last October 2012, I decided to make my first solo travel, I went to Dumaguete, a city situated southeastern tip in the island of Negros, before I embarked on that bold journey, I made a thorough research on what to-do's and where to-go's  known to many as the City of Gentle people, true enough people were really accommodating and warm I don't sense any intimidation to the people I met, one example will be the traveler's lodge that I stayed in, she just gave me a great discount if I am going to return along with my friends (wouldn't be that so perfect?!) Anyways, moving forward, I got a chance to cruise along the thoroughfares of the city. First stop, the Rizal Boulevard is said to be Jose Rizal's stopovers before ot headed to Dapitan, a lane of century old trees embellished the whole stretch where one can really enjoy the sea breeze and overlooking the island of Siquijor, within the boulevard you can find a strip of bars where you can a enjoy a bottle of beer and a good conversation with old and new friends.






 A corner away is the city's famous landmark, the Silliman University, tourists are allowed to stroll inside the campus, once you step in on the school grounds never miss the old facades  of american architecture that reflects its rich university history.






 Finally, one of Dumaguete's iconic structure is the Dumaguete belfry located within the century-old St. Catherine of Alexandria Church it was built during the Spanish period to alert natives from the muslim pirates in search for slaves. Overall, my Dumaguete stay  was a wonderful experience and  that they lived up to its moniker as the city of gentle people, truly, indeed, by the warmth and hospitality by Dumaguetenos one can really go back and enjoy the city's laidback feel one more time.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Sidetrip: Lake 77

Bacolod City: Multitude of Sugar and Smiles

Talikud Island: An Indelible Reverie