Marvels of Malaysia




It was my first time to go overseas and Malaysia is the first country outside Philippines that I visited. Malaysia is not new to me, When I was young I often read about the country in books and magazines. However to experience the country itself is a different story. When we arrived in Malaysia in the evening of April 1st, the first thing that I noticed that I was stunned by the splendor of Kuala Lumpur International Airport; it was undoubtly exquisite. We were waited and fetched by the hotel transport service.


Palm Hill Restaurant at Shangri-La Putrajaya 



We stayed at Shangri-La Putrajaya, the hotel was packed of excellent amenities and facilities, and unlucky for me I did not bring my laptop because it has free internet access. Oh well I just enjoyed the scenery and the warm Malaysians. Going to food department, Malay cuisines I would say, interestingly delicious. There were gastronomic wonders such as the satay and the steamed crab meat, mollusks locally known as lo-lo, (which is a naughty term in one of the Philippine dialects) put my taste buds in enthusiasm and a worth-burping encounter.
Alamada Mall by Day 
                                                             Alamada Mall by Night

Day 2, We just strolled down in a nearby shopping mall called Alamada. F.Y.I first, Putrajaya is a planned city, from governmental, commercial to residential spaces are well designed, plenty of green patches surrounding the city streets and avenues earning its moniker as Intelligent Garden City. 

                                                           Overview of Putrajaya

Putrajaya houses most of the national government offices and its employees also reside there they were given a decent shelter in a form of condominium units.

                                                                         KL Tower

                                                          The Petronas Twin Towers

Day 3, we went to Kuala Lumpur, it’s a 40 minute ride from Putrajaya, I would describe KL as a sprawling metropolis, a melting pot of culture and race and home of such iconic architectural landmarks not to mention the The Petronas Twin Towers and KL Tower. 

Jalan Bukit Bintang 

I felt like I was in an urban jungle with towering skyscrapers that almost blocks the sun and the unbeatable traffic jam the congested the streets.

The Pavillion

Low Yat Mall

KLCC Suria

 If you are craving for lavish international brands such as Louis Vuitton, Banana Republic and Prada etc, the glitzies malls in KL like the Pavillion, Fahrenheit, KLCC Suria lodges such posh brands. For tech geeks they had this specialty mall called Low Yat it is Malaysia’s largest I.T Mall their products includes laptops, mobile phones, iPads and amongst others. 



I got a chance to walk into the streets of KL Jalan Bukit Bintang was packed of massage parlors, different asian restaurants nad of course shopping malls, somehow I felt safe though I was lost in a moment. I find Malaysians helpful and hospitable; they really accommodate their visitors well. My Malaysia experience was really worth remembering new land, new culture, new people and new perspective that life is full of surprises indeed. Just enjoy LIFE.



Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

Sidetrip: Lake 77

Bacolod City: Multitude of Sugar and Smiles

Talikud Island: An Indelible Reverie